Hobie 14 & Dragoon World Championships
Hobie 16 European Championship
CESENATICO (ITALY), July 11-21, 2023
Cesenatico is a port town on the Northern Adriatic coast of Italy within an internationally renowned touristic area with thousands of accommodations a local train station and 3 airports within 100km: Bologna (BLQ), Rimini (RMI) & Forlì (FRL).
It was founded in 1302 at a time when Cesena urgently required a seaport for its trade. At the beginning of the sixteenth century Cesare Borgia decided that defense works where needed to protect the harbor adequately from the violence of the waves. It appears that Leonardo da Vinci took an active part in these works, and indeed his original design is in the library of the Institut de France in Paris.
Coming to Cesenatico
- By Plane – The largest international airport in the area is Bologna – BLQ (around 100km far), very near to Cesenatico there also are Rimini – RMI (20km) and Forlì – FRL (35km) airports. Once you get there you can follow by tran directions below.
- By Train – Cesenatico has a local train station with frequent connections with Rimini (coming from South) and Ravenna (coming from North). There are direct trains from/to Bologna about every 1h.
- By Car – The nearest highway E45/55 (A14) exit is Cesena, which is less than 10km away from Cesenatico.
Here is the Google map link to get to CVC: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Circolo+Vela+Cesenaticoemail@example.com,12.3942994,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x64b71a82c28f60ab!8m2!3d44.2104448!4d12.3937415
Two different race courses will be placed in front of Cesenatico DaVinci Arbour-Channel, near the mooring area and in front of the most crowded area of the sea frontline.
- One course on the north of the channel, right in front of the boat area (red)
- One course on the south of the channel (yellow)
Circolo Vela Cesenatico
The location of Hobie Multiworld & Europeans will offer:
- Boat area (around 9000 sqm) is accessible from three different roads and will be fenced and monitored. It will welcome all catamarans and small trailers.
- Free parking area (around 5000 sqm) will welcome all vehicles and big trailers.
- Race officer and measurement area
- Partner stand area and Meeting Area
In Cesenatico there are over 300 hotels within 2 kilometers from Circolo Vela Cesenatico.
Both hotels with modern amenities and little family pensions ( where you can taste the real Romagna’s atmosphere) are distinguished by welcome courtesy and helpfulness of the staff.
For all guests willing to try the local cuisine, Cesenatico offers many opportunities of tasting typical seafood recipes in restaurants and taverns with looking the suggestive Leonardo’sharbour.
Nearby Circolo Vela Cesenatico there are:
- Sunrise Residence (70Beds) (150m)
- Onda Marina (88Beds) (400m)
- Camping Motel (300Beds) (150m)
- Cesenatico Village (4100 Beds and 810Units) (1Km)
- Zadina Camping (300 Beds)(1km)
The wind in the North Adriatic in the period of June-July is characterized by a breeze regime:
- In the morning, the wind starts with an intensity of 5-10 kts from N/N-E
- During the day, the wind turns gradually to right, increasing in intensity, arriving in the afternoon with an average intensity of 15 kts from E/S-E (“Scirocco”), which lasts until sunset.
During Summertime the climate is warm (around 25-35 degrees) and the weather is usually sunny.
Registration & Accomodation
Register to Hobie Multiworlds & Europeans, July 11-21, 2023 or find an accomodation in Cesenatico (Italy) during the event.